Picture: Alexander Mueller, flickr.
Currently, I’ve been thinking a lot about mortality. About how difficult it is to do what makes you happy, and realising that it’s not difficult to do what you like to do, so long as you get out of your own way.
I’ve decided that if I want to paint I’m going to paint. If I want to dance I’m going to dance. If I want to dress I bright colours, I’m going to do it. I’m sick of that little voice in the back of my head telling me ‘no, you can’t do that’, and from now on, every time that voice pops up, I’m going to tell it to go to hell!
So, not only am I going to hold myself accountable for my actions, I’m going to let the internet hold me accountable. Below is a list of all the things I want to achieve this year. Some things may seem basic as hell, but a lot of it is stuff I haven’t gotten to do, either because I was ‘too busy’ or because I was, let’s face it, lazy.
My Bucket List for the Year:
- Read at least 10 classic novels
- Start roller skating again
- Draw/paint something once a week (even if it’s just a doodle)
- Publish something on this blog at least once a week
- Do well at I Love Limerick
- Successfully live by myself in Tarragona next semester
- Start writing a novel
- Lose the extra weight
- Start exercising more
- Learn a new form of dance (or relearn a forgotten form)
- Do well in I Love Limerick
- Learn how to make truly delicious cocktails
- Learn how to play an instrument
- Start learning more about photography